©2021 Morley Construction Company | Privacy
The City of Santa Monica’s 750-space design-build parking structure has eight above-ground and three subterranean levels, approximately 7,000 square feet of retail space, and storage to accommodate up to 90 bicycles. Sustainable components include photovoltaic solar roof panels and 30 electrical vehicle charging stations. The iconic façade, designed as a series of triangular “sails”, is a combination of perforated and solid aluminum panels functioning as a light enhancement screen, carefully crafted to bring light deep into the building structure.
A bold cascading, cantilevered, cast-in-place architectural concrete stair was designed and placed along the building façade. Due to limited space, building the stair to stand 80 feet above a street with heavy pedestrian and vehicular traffic added to its complexity. Virtual construction software was used to model the different angles and make sure correct reveal locations and inflection points were maintained.
- 284,940 gsf
- 10,636 cy of concrete
City of Santa Monica
- Commercial Award, Southern California Development Forum
- Sustainable Innovation Award, United States Green Building Council
- Architectural Concrete Award, ASCC Decorative Concrete Council
- Award of Excellence, International Parking Institute
- Parking Facility of the Year, National Parking Association