Safety first. Safety second. Safety always.
Morley’s commitment to safety is more than just a program, it’s a culture. We simply care too much about our fellow employee-owners to have it any other way… and this includes caring about our peers at other construction companies, the people with whom we work shoulder-to-shoulder when responsible for the concrete portions of a project. We commit to this culture through the ongoing development and constant evaluation of best practices. We offer comprehensive and robust training curriculums on-demand, onsite and in-the-classroom, empowering our people to be confident in their knowledge about our safe working practices.
Safety is a dynamic, lifelong learning process. Our goal at Morley is to create an environment where every employee is empowered to take ownership of our safety culture. Every employee is encouraged to think, act and work with safety in mind. Our entire operations team, from the Vice President of Field Operations to each Superintendent, has committed to obtain the Board of Certified Safety Professional’s Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) designation. Our Project Engineers are coached by our Safety Engineers through our Project Engineer Safety Training program. As a result of our employees’ dedication to safety, Morley was recently awarded First Place for National Construction Safety Excellence by The Associate General Contractors of America.
- All Superintendents are OSHA 30-Hour trained and all Project Management Staff are OSHA 10-Hour trained
- Annual contractor safety orientation course for every contractor who works on our projects
- Pre-Task Planning/Job Hazard Analysis is used by our craftspeople and subcontractors prior to starting any new task. The PTP/JHA requires a breakdown of each task, consideration of any hazards, and development of a plan to perform the job safely
- New Hire Safety Training and Mentoring Program which targets field employees’ critical first 90 days. The program applies to all new Morley employees, regardless of experience
- Project Engineer Safety Program, guided by our portable safety app and our on-staff Safety Engineers to identify, mitigate and resolve potential jobsite risks
- Our Safety Committee is composed of foremen who volunteer to review existing field practices and make them safer. Examples include:
- An industry first, designed and engineered Concrete Anchor Block for fall protection
- A “Cantilever Cargo Platform” that allows for safer movement of materials and fall protection
- A “Wall Panel Storage Rack” to facilitate the storage and safe access of wall forms
- The “Shark Cage” to protect and provide more effective fall protection while working inside beams on long span decks
- Empower and encourage all staff to develop tools to mitigate construction risk
- Active members of the American Society of Concrete Contractors Safety and Risk Management Council and the American Society of Safety Engineers
- Partners with local Associated General Contractors of America to provide Concrete and Masonry Hazard Prevention and Safety Training courses
AGC Award – First Place, National, Construction Safety Excellence
ASCC Award – Fleet Safety
ASCC Award – Safety Improvement
ASCC Award – Certificate of Recognition
Cal/OSHA – Golden Gate Partnership Recognition for Commitment to Safety