©2022 Morley Construction Company | Privacy
The Main Library for the City of Santa Monica is a 104,000-square-foot structure featuring a café and courtyard, computer labs, auditorium space, and a 560-car subterranean parking structure. The project obtained a LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Sustainable design highlights include a 200,000-gallon cistern, natural daylighting, underfloor air distribution system and operable windows. Sustainable construction highlights include a construction waste management program, locally harvested and manufactured materials, and high recycled content materials.
Morley Construction Company provided concrete subcontracting services for the project, totaling 18,667 cubic yards.
- 358,169 gsf
- 18,667 cy of concrete
City of Santa Monica
Morley Construction Company
Moore Ruble Yudell
- American Public Works Association – Southern California Chapter Project of the Year Award, Facilities & Building
- Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and Metropolitan Arts Press Ltd. – American Architecture Award
- Southern California Development Forum – Honorable Mention
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute – Best Public & Institutional Building
- National Electrical Contractors Association/LA – Award for Electrical Excellence
- California Construction – Best Civic