©2023 Morley Construction Company | Privacy
Located on UCSD’s Revelle Campus, this 510-bed student housing project consists of four cast-in-place buildings ranging in height from five to ten stories. Amenities include a lounge area, laundry room, meeting room, and multipurpose space. The design takes advantage of coastal breezes for natural ventilation and heat gain is controlled with a green roof, deep overhangs, and industrial fiberglass shading. Drought tolerant vegetation, a grey water irrigation system and efficient plumbing were installed to conserve water.
Morley Construction Company provided all structural concrete subcontracting services for the project. Approximately 16,100 cubic yards of concrete was used to complete the project. High-quality, cast-in-place white concrete visually ties the buildings to the existing 1960’s architecture.
- 205,024 gsf
- 16,100 cy of concrete
Regents of the University of California
- CalOSHA – Golden Gate Partnership Recognition for Commitment to Safety
- American Institute of Architects – Philadelphia Merit Award, California Council Merit Award, AIA COTE Award (Top Ten Green Project)
- American Society of Civil Engineers – Award of Merit for Sustainable Technology, Region 9 Outstanding Environmental Engineering Project
- San Diego Architectural Foundation – Orchid for Architecture and Landscape
- Chicago Athenaeum – International Architecture Award